Thursday, December 13, 2007

"Get together"

Radical trust. Pardon me, but isn’t this where I came in? Wasn’t I the sincere and idealistic teenager singing, along with the Youngbloods,

C’mon, people now,
Smile on your brother.
Everybody get together,
Try to love one another right now.

Can a 21st-century understanding of trust be applied to the Web? Yes, indeed! (You can take the boy out of the sixties, but you can’t take the sixties out of the boy.) Safeguards are key, but the concept seems to work. As a cataloging librarian, I already find Wikipedia to be one of my most useful resources, especially in the search for leads on new authors and artists in our graphic novel collections. Time and time again, I can't find information in traditional resources, but I can find a valuable starting point in Wikipedia!

No comments: